- Birthday parties
- The BJWRR does not host birthday parties. We simply don’t have the room or sufficient supplies to cater to individual parties. We do welcome large groups to visit the railroad by having group rates available. Group tickets: 50 + ticket each $2.00. Ticket may be used on train or carousel.
Reservations / Are you part of the park?
- The town of Los Gatos is responsible for all picnic table reservation in Oak Meadow park, and they may be reached at 408-399-5781. Santa Clara County is responsible for picnic areas in Vasona park. To make a reservation in Vasona park please call 408-355-2201.
- The BJWRR is a private organization that leases land off of Oak Meadow and Vasona Parks. They are our landlords and they are in charge of the land around us. The BJWRR has no control over restrooms, picnic areas, and for the most part the grounds around our buildings and tracks.
Hours of operation
- The BJWRR operates on a seasonal schedule year round. To see the break-down of each season and their according time of operation please visit the hours page.
Tickets / Special events
- Ride tickets are required on the train and carousel.
- Each ride requires its own ticket.
- These tickets may be purchased in person at the BJWRR ticket booth during normal hours of operation.
- For ticket breakdown please visit our Tickets Page.
- We accept cash or check as payment.
- Special events are extra events conducted throughout the year to raise extra funds. All special events are fundraising events, and all proceeds go back to the organization.
- Special tickets must be used for certain special events. Please check our events calendar summary for breakdown.
Can you donate to my project/event?
- The Billy Jones Wildcat Railroad is happy to donate ride tickets to your event or project as long it falls under our guidelines. Please visit the Donation Request page for rules and directions.
Train ride FAQ
- The train ride is between 8 and 10 minutes long. The train ride begins at our station in Oak Meadow Park and crosses the bridge in Vasona Park. The ride is a one mile loop around Vasona park, and returns back to the station in Oak Meadow. The Oak Meadow Station is the only entrance and exit for the train.
- Dogs are permitted on the train as long as they are on a leash, and they don’t need a ticket!
- Roller blades, scooters, and any other apparatus with wheels are not permitted on the train.
- Our train is wheelchair accessible. Please request the wheelchair accessible car at the ticket booth.
- 1 ticket is required per guest. We ask that after each ride all guest exit the train. If you would like to ride again and have your tickets already, simply get back in line. We want to ensure that all of our guests have the opportunity to ride within our hours of operation.
Carousel ride FAQ
- The carousel ride is about 3 and half minutes long.
- One person per horse only.
- Children under 3 must have an adult standing next to them on the ride. Safety first!
- So sorry, but dogs are not permitted on the carousel.
- 1 ticket is required per guest. We ask that after each ride all guest exit the train. If you would like to ride again and have your tickets already, simply get back in line. We want to ensure that all of our guest have the opportunity to ride within our hours of operation.
- The Billy Jones Wildcat Railroad is always accepting applications for employment or volunteer.
- We employ for year round positions. Training is a bit too extensive to just hire for the summer. Work is mostly on weekends year round, so it is perfect for students or persons wanting to work mostly weekends. For more information please visit our employment page.
- There are plenty of ways to get involved as a volunteer at the railroad. Volunteers must be responsible adults who do not require much supervision. Please visit our volunteer page for more information.